Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joeking  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:37:14 PM(UTC)
joeking

Groups: Registered

On spin cycle my Amana washer is loud, I mean take over the whole house loud. So after looking at it, I figure its the support bearings, I pulled the inner tub today and checked the bearings, yup it's a bad bearing. so checking a couple of parts places, I can't find anywhere that just sells the bearings and seal, they all want you to buy a $100 support assy, and a $500 tub kit, just for about $15 in needed parts. any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 8, 2009 2:55:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Boy I really sympathize with you. I don't know why they do this, (Frigidaire front loaders have the same issue) and I cannot beleive they expect you to pay more upfront then a good replacement washer would cost.

I can only recommend that you take the tub assembly to a machine shop, or even an auto repair shoop that specializes in front end work and see if they can press a bearing into place for you. As far as the seals are concerned, see if you can reuse the one in their, and if not see if some other part may be sufficient to work with your model

Good luck.
joeking  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 5:16:34 AM(UTC)
joeking

Groups: Registered

I found the needed bearings here. $30 2 day shipping included:)
Rubber Sealed Bearings:Ceramic,Miniature Ball Bearings

As near as I can tell the seal is fine, it shows no where what so ever and is still soft, so I'll be reusuing that.

My family owns an automotive repair shop so I have just about every tool needed, and if I don't own it myself there's one at the shop:cool:

It's annoying that they do that that though. Do they really think your gonna go repace a failed aplliance with the same brand that gave out after 2 years? Not me they already had their chance time to try another that will maybe last longer. If you buy a ford thats constantly in the shop are you gonna replace it with another ford? Or give Chevy, Dodge, or Toyota a go?:rolleyes:
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 9, 2009 5:21:08 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Joe

Thanks for the update, glad you are able to repair it and not have to junk it because of a manufacturer's design that turns a $30 repair into the $500 one.

I too am mystified by the actions of a manufacturer. I can only beleive that their design engineers are so arrogant that they believe their design can never fail. Of course, it fails all the time in front loaders.

Good luck, and hope it lasts many more years to come.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply