Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
schiesserm  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 5:17:34 AM(UTC)
schiesserm

Groups: Registered

I recently ordered some replacement parts from AppliancePartsPros.com for my LG WASHer model # above. One of the pumps that arrived was a slightly different size than the original, although the pump flange fits OK so I would like to try it. THe existing plastic shroud does not fully fit over the pump components to protect it from water, but I think it fits enough. I have the following questions:

1) THe original pump is .9A and 32W, this one is 30W, should be OK?
2) The wires leading to one pump were originally brown on top, black on the bottom, (where the pump was positioned sideways), the other side was blue/black. I believe that if one were to view the pump from the butt-end where the wires connect, black was always on the bottom. THe problem is that I am not clear on how to position the pump on the housing, since it is circular. If I shift the mounting 180degrees then I might reverse the wiring. I am thinking that the consequence would be opposite flow from desired, but I don't want to have to re-do the job, nor burn out the pump. Anybody have advice, as I face the pump electrical tabs from either side, with the tabs above the pump housing, which receives brown/black, and similar question which receives blue/black?

3) last, so long as I get the hoses on good, does it matter the position of the pump on the pump housing? seems like it will accept any number of configurations. I tried to take photos but I am just seeing what people have to say here. My thought is, as long as it fits and as long as I get the wires right, should not matter but I'd hate to screw it up and "learn" from my mistake and become "experienced". I spend a lot of money on air cooled Volkswagens becoming "experienced".:p
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.