Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
df_3  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2013 4:07:16 PM(UTC)
df_3

Groups: Registered

My kenmore washer is at it again. You guys helped me with mcu and ccu changeout in the past, hoping you can rescue me again. This time my inner tub is loose from outer tub. Makes a loud clanking sound when trying to spin. I removed belt and tried rotating the sheave. Def a prob somewhere in there (shaft, bearing, etc.) What do I need to replace, bearing, other? SN is hlt0210454. Are these parts under warranty? I know some tub parts have a longer warranty than other non tub parts.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2013 1:15:40 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: df_3 Go to Quoted Post
My kenmore washer is at it again. You guys helped me with mcu and ccu changeout in the past, hoping you can rescue me again. This time my inner tub is loose from outer tub. Makes a loud clanking sound when trying to spin. I removed belt and tried rotating the sheave. Def a prob somewhere in there (shaft, bearing, etc.) What do I need to replace, bearing, other? SN is hlt0210454. Are these parts under warranty? I know some tub parts have a longer warranty than other non tub parts.

DF_3, based on your description, you most likely have a cracked or broken spin basket support arm(s)

Part number: AP3868479
Part number: AP3868479

Worn or damaged tub bearings will usually make some type of rumbling, grumbling noise when they wallow out. That would require a rear tub assembly to repair

Part number: AP3970398
Part number: AP3970398

For warranty information, you'll need to review your owners manual or contact Sears Customer Service so they can inform you of the specifics of your washer warranty.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply