Discuss

Maytag Atlantis washer will not get rid of water after first agitation

in

Washer Repair

. "

During any wash cycle, after the first agitaton, nothing happens for a while and then the second agitation of the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Maytag Atlantis washer will not get rid of water after first agitation

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:24 AM

rmdaddy1 is on a distinguished road
Default Maytag Atlantis washer will not get rid of water after first agitation
Brand: Maytag   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

During any wash cycle, after the first agitaton, nothing happens for a while and then the second agitation of the rinse cycle starts. After the rinse, it spins and complete the wash. Why is it skipping this part of the wash cycle, can someone help?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Senior Expert

Joe / APP Team is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdaddy1 View Post
During any wash cycle, after the first agitaton, nothing happens for a while and then the second agitation of the rinse cycle starts. After the rinse, it spins and complete the wash. Why is it skipping this part of the wash cycle, can someone help?
Rmdaddy, A model number is pretty essential when we assist a consumer. Based on your posted information, you most likely have an issue in the timer contacts or cam wheel. If the washer goes "dead" in one portion of the cycle, (excluding fills) yet the reminder of the cycle operates properly, it usually is.

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:57 AM

Default Timer

I apologize about the model number, I'm at work that's why I omitted it. I carefully took the timer apart and noticed that a few of the contacts were burnt and so I used my drumel to clean them up. Are these contacts available or do I have to replace the whole timer?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:22 AM
Senior Expert

Quote:
I apologize about the model number, I'm at work that's why I omitted it. I carefully took the timer apart and noticed that a few of the contacts were burnt and so I used my drumel to clean them up. Are these contacts available or do I have to replace the whole timer?
Rmdaddy, No, the internal contatcs and components are not available from the manufacturer. You'll need to replace the timer. Please remember, you'll need the complete model number, and possibly the series or serial number, in order to acquire the proper timer for the washer. Thanks

Joe M. APP TEAM

Find Appliance Parts at AppliancePartsPros.com - Largest inventory in the U.S. with 91% of all in-stock orders delivered within 2 business days. Thousands of photos and diagrams make it very easy to find the right part. Enter your appliance model here.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:13 AM

Smile Timer

Thank you so very much!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Senior Expert

Quote:
Thank you so very much!
You're Very Welcome !!

If you have any issues, or have any reccomendations once the washer is repaired drop us a line. We appreciate repair reports, it helps anyone reviewing the forum.

Joe M. APP TEAM

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.