Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankjl  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 13, 2013 9:51:01 PM(UTC)
frankjl

Groups: Registered

sorry,at this time I don't have d model#. the washer is a Kenmore 4 cycle with just 2 controls the timer and the wash cycle selection ,such as heavy or light.It's a small capacity washer. Problem is the water keeps running ,it wont shut off .I already changed the lid switch and the water level switch and it still wont shut off.I also changed the tubing and checked that outlet is not clogged.Also checked that the water solenoid valves closed,which they do ,by blowing into tube and water shut off and washer started to agitate.Could it be the timer that has to replaced?Appreciate any input ,THANKS
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 4:19:49 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The most likely cause of your problem here is that you have created a siphon with the drain hose. This occurs if you pushed the drain hose down to far in the pipe, or you have sealed off the drain hose where it goes into the pipe.

Check that out, it may be a simple fix.
frankjl  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:53:27 PM(UTC)
frankjl

so does this causes it to fill up to same level at any setting? or
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:20:56 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If it's filling and draining at the same time, it could be the siphoning problem but if it's filling to the point it's going to overflow and you have to shut the valves off, there's a problem with the water level pressure switch. Since you've already replaced the switch and hose, it could be that the air dome on the side of the tub is clogged up. Need model number of the washer.

Eric
frankjl  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:09:57 PM(UTC)
frankjl

thank you for your reply. The model#isLBR4121JQ2. It fills to same level at any setting and it and at very high level each time .does it make a difference wether machine is empty or not. should I try with clothes in it . thank you
fairbank56  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 5:21:02 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

It shouldn't matter if there are clothes in the washer or not. The problem must be with the water level control system which includes the switch, hose and air dome. I'm not familiar with this particular washer so I don't know how high the water level should normally be but the timer doesn't control that, the pressure switch does.

Eric
frankjl  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 6:23:32 PM(UTC)
frankjl

thank you. So far I can't find if this pressure switch is multi level or a one level. so far it fills to same level and machine washes and operates normally. did a wash with clothes in it and it seemed to work fine, so I'll take it for now. thanks again .
fairbank56  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:54:27 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

It is likely a single level switch as there is no shaft for a knob to attach to as is the case with most switches, however sometimes a multi-level switch is used and sometimes you are able to adjust it if you can get ahold of the adjustment, if there is one.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply