Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JEANETTE W.  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 4:07:10 PM(UTC)
JEANETTE W.

Groups: Registered

my washer will fill, agitate, but does not spin nor drain. I checked forum from 05/16/2012 with curly33333, but the speed switch talked about is not compatible with my unit. Do you have any other suggestions? I am needing some help please. I thought it may be the lid switch, when came out in pieces. I know my lid switch has electricity going to it - I found out the hard way. It shocked me! ;-) Didn't take long to unplug the rascal either. I think I may be able to reassemble the switch, but caused a little concern when it did shock me though.Anyway - I need the washer to spin and drain. HELP@@@
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 5:13:37 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
It won't drain/spin without a working lid switch. The lid switch has 120vac line voltage on it any time the washer is on and in agitate or drain/spin mode. Unplug the washer (line voltage can be lethal) and replace the lid switch.

Eric
JEANETTE W.  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:17:35 PM(UTC)
JEANETTE W.

In April I had this problem of no spin, no drain. Everyone said I needed a new lid switch. I took the switch apart and the spring was weak and broken. I put a new spring from a ball-point pin in it, cleaned all the old silicone from around the switch, then cleaned with alcohol and put everything back together and again applied silicone to seal the switch. I am no appliance repair person at all, but I fixed it!!!!! YEAH!!! Without the advice of this forum, I would not have know to really look at the switch that good. The replacement switch from a regular appliance place is right at $80 + tax and here it was $24.98 - but with just a bit of patience and trial & error - I saved a lot of money. :)
JEANETTE W.  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:21:18 PM(UTC)
JEANETTE W.

I took the lid switch apart, cleaned it with alcohol, replaced the spring, and then put silicone all around to seal, and it works again. I think all the vibrations made it to come apart.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply