Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zee652  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 8:17:05 AM(UTC)
zee652

Groups: Registered

14 year old Kitchen Aid clothes washer stopped agitating etc - I moved the timer selector all over and only heard the timer running. I finally was able to get it to spin to empty it out. I replaced the timer and did a couple loads after verifying that it would agitate. I'm not even sure that these loads actually ran through normally as when I started another load, after filling I had the same issue. (washer in basement so I didn't keep an eye on it.) I'm not sure it's a timer issue anymore, as I find it unlikely that a brand new timer would have the exact symptoms as the old. I did discover that the washer will spin for a short period, after the rinse, as long as the pump is engaged. This is true in all wash cycle settings. When the timer is running and the washer isn't, there is no power going to the solenoid, switch, or motor. It is/was a pretty decent washer and I would like to fix if possible. Thank you in advance for any advice.
eta - Also checked the receptacle/circuit and some contacts and these all were normal.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 2:58:27 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Please, provide the complete model number of the unit.

Simon.
zee652  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:25:54 PM(UTC)
zee652

The model number is KAWS750GQ1. Thanks
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 3:26:31 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.
Check the wire harness between the timer, speed switch and motor.Check the motor plug.Try to jump the V and T at the water level switch.
It's not clear if the motor is running at all in agitation. Do you hear any humming noise?

Simon.
zee652  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 4:42:39 PM(UTC)
zee652

Thank you Simon. No - no humming from the motor. My son bypassed the water level switch and lid switch to do some voltage testing. When the timer was engaged and should have been agitating he noticed a difference in the voltage in one of the connections on the motor switch.He then depressed the little plastic arm on the motor switch and the machine started agitating. So it was the motor switch and I ordered the part a couple hours ago from Appliance Parts Pros.com Discount Appliance Parts.
Simon / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:03:10 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

You are welcome. Good job.

Post the results, please.

Simon.
zee652  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 6, 2013 11:23:07 AM(UTC)
zee652

Well Simon, the motor switch is installed. It will now agitate, empty, spin etc but now the timer won't advance. I can hear the timer running, it sounds as its working fine - which I'm sure it is as this is the 3rd one but I have to manually advance. I don't know what else to do.
jz78817  
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 7, 2013 12:51:02 PM(UTC)
jz78817

I'll chime in here as the one swearing at this machine. With the control panel flipped up and looking into the timer, I can see that the motor is running. There's a smallish white wheel which is slowly turning, and every so often it moves a lever at the bottom of the timer and clicks. however, the actual timing drum next to the motor never budges; regardless of what cycle it's in or which wash mode is active. would the fabric select switch have anything to do with this? The timer is brand new...
Simon / APP Team  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 10:54:34 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Hi.

Check what is the voltage at the timer motor contacts.You should have around 115VAC.
If less - check the wire harness.

Simon.
jz78817  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:59:59 PM(UTC)
jz78817

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Check what is the voltage at the timer motor contacts.You should have around 115VAC.
If less - check the wire harness.

Simon.

I have 120.3 VAC at the timer motor pins. I put a video up of the timer operating briefly here:

KitchenAid washer timer - YouTube

note that the "wheel" connected to the motor is spinning. The "timing drum" to its right never budges.

(if it matters, the machine is agitating with the lid switch and water level switch both jumpered.)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply