Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sasts  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:12:00 PM(UTC)
sasts

Groups ready for retrieval: Registered

I have a WHRE5550K2WW washer that is 2-1/2 years old. Clothes were wet at the end of the cycle and it was found to not agitate or spin. The motor inverter board blinked 6 times in a row ('rotor locked'). All parts turned freely. It would reset (unplug, replug, open and close lid several times) but would only work in gentle cycle and would not agitate or spin in other cycles. I thought the high speed wiring (if there is such) might be out. :(

The lid switch, solenoid, and water valves seemed o.k. I did not check the fuse as the inverter board LED could light. I reseated the connectors to the motor and it worked fine in all cycles for several weeks. I was very happy and was judged useful by my wife. :)

Then the motor just quit turning in all cycles. The LED flashes a one second on and one second off ('normal standby'). I read Appliance Repair Forum> Appliance Repair Help> Washer Repair» Won't spin or Agitate, Green light works, Will Fill and Drain at http://forum.appliancepartspros...drain.html#ixzz2OnhVNirD where someone had the same not agitating or spinning but with normal standby flashing -- a new control board was suggested. I ordered and installed a new one but it didn't change anything. :confused:

Can anyone give some guidance? I am at a loss as to what to try next.

Oh, in field service mode, water valves and pump work. It will not agitate slow or fast and will not spin. There are no error codes in knob positions 2 through 4. The inverter LED shows one second on and one second off.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:22:27 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Did you swap the model select plug from the old board to the new board? This is the plug with a single jumper wire on it.

Eric
sasts  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 10:34:40 AM(UTC)
sasts

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Did you swap the model select plug from the old board to the new board? This is the plug with a single jumper wire on it.

Eric

I can't say why, but yes, I remembered to move the plug over to the new board.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:51:08 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would do a continuity check on the control wiring between the control board and inverter on the motor. Unplug the rightmost connector of the inverter and the plug with the same wire colors at the control board. If they check out ok, it looks like the motor/inverter is faulty.

Eric
sasts  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, April 2, 2013 5:27:24 AM(UTC)
sasts

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
I would do a continuity check on the control wiring between the control board and inverter on the motor. Unplug the rightmost connector of the inverter and the plug with the same wire colors at the control board. If they check out ok, it looks like the motor/inverter is faulty.

Eric

There is continuity through same wire and no short from one wire to any other.

Thank you for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply