Discuss

Roper RTW4640YQ service info?

in

Washer Repair

. "

Have a 5 month old Roper RTW464 washer. Lately, will not do the final dry spin. Will do the same

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Roper RTW4640YQ service info?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM

bcstrong1 is on a distinguished road
Default Roper RTW4640YQ service info?
Brand: Roper   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Have a 5 month old Roper RTW464 washer.

Lately, will not do the final dry spin. Will do the same in all cycles choosen. Water does drain, will not do the final spin. If advanced manually to "drain/spin", will sometimes spin slowly, other times nothing, red light flashing. Seems all other spins/agitation works fine.

Is there any way to get some technical info on this model? Can you put it into a "test cycle"? Does this model have fault codes, and how to retrieve? Looking for a "service manual" if available.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

If it's 5 months old, it should still be under warranty. This is a Whirlpool VMW piece of junk washer. There should be a manual on the inside of the cabinet. Tilt it back and take a look. If it isn't there, you can use the one from this web site which is all about this washer design. High failure items are the shift actuator and the lid lock. Other problems are loose connections, broken wires, loose nut on main drive pulley, faulty control boards, faulty transmissions and the list goes on.

Eric
Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 AM

bcstrong1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for info!! Yes, under warranty, but I want info for myself, I usually can fix anything automotive anyways. Just for test purposes, I wanted to see if I can "advance" the cycles, to force it to go through instead of waiting for an hour to go through normally.

Sounds like I choose wrong on this washer. The one I repalced with this was a 1985 kenmore, direct drive (cant remember model #), that just died 5 months ago, after 27 years! Its dryer combo is still working.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:15 AM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

Yes, well that's an old one, but if it was in good physical shape, no rusting out, it's worth it to keep them going. Parts are readily available for those Whirlpool direct drive washers. They don't make them any more and the vertical modular washer design is their replacement for them. This design is really a piece of junk. Very sad they went from a proven design that's been in use for nearly 30 years to this thing. Mostly thanks to government energy and water usage standards.

Eric
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.