Discuss

Frigidair Front Load Washer Spin Basket is seized

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have a Frigidaire 2004 or 2005 Gallery series front load washer (was installed new when house was built. The

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Frigidair Front Load Washer Spin Basket is seized

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:43 PM

Mariawf is on a distinguished road
Default Frigidair Front Load Washer Spin Basket is seized
Brand: Frigidaire   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Frigidaire 2004 or 2005 Gallery series front load washer (was installed new when house was built. The tub has seized. It will not move at all (by hand or in any cycle). The washer will run through all cycles and it will drain. You can stop at any time and the door will unlock, so I am sure it is not the door latch issue. Please help. This is the 3rd Frigidaire Gallery appliance I have had go in a six week period and the only one whose repair may make the machine salvageable and less expensive then replacing. Thank you in advance for the help!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-23-2013, 05:54 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Take off the back and have a look. I am thinking that the bearing has seized and the belt has broken, else it wouldn't go through the cycles. If that is the case then you are looking at replacement.

Sorry, wish I had better news.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:35 PM

Mariawf is on a distinguished road

Thank you. I checked. It was not the belt. I took readings on the motor per the manual and it appears the drive motor is not working, but I am almost positive it has thrown a bearing as well. I think it is just time for a new machine.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:39 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

I have to agree with you, sorry, but good luck.