Discuss

Kenmore stackable washer/dryer won't drain or spin

in

Washer Repair

. "

I have a Kenmore stackable washer/dryer 417.94702300 that will not spin or drain. Called Sears Tech and he took off

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Kenmore stackable washer/dryer won't drain or spin

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 AM

penelope therese is on a distinguished road
Default Kenmore stackable washer/dryer won't drain or spin
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a Kenmore stackable washer/dryer 417.94702300 that will not spin or drain. Called Sears Tech and he took off front and side of unit didn't look at anything like the motor. After 10 minutes of of looking inside the compartment with the motor in it recommended me to call electrician to replace the plug and the outlet in the wall. Did and washer ran for about 3 weeks and started doing the same thing. Tub fills, washes but will not drain or spin. Makes a buzzing/humming sound. No burning smells present. Why would it run for 3 weeks with the new plug and wall outlet, then stop? Could it be the lid safety switch? Any responses would be appreciated.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

First of all if the machine was operating except for the spin drain there was no problem with the electrical service, and had there been a simple 10 second test could have told the service tech there was a problem.

Quite frankly I don't know why the machine operated correct after you had the plug replaced, but one possibility is that there was/is a problem with the lid lock mechanism and that moving it around temporarily fixed it. Another possibility is the timer. A third is something jammed in the system.

My recommendation is that you call Sears, tell them you paid for a repair visit that did not fix the problem and gave a bad diagnosis and that they need to get out to your house and fix the problem with no additional service cost. My thinking is that the service tech had no idea about the problem and just gave the diagnosis of the electrical outlet to get out of there.

I don't know how Sears will respond, but you did not get the service you paid for and I would pressure Sears to the maximum extent possible to get it right.