Discuss

motor doesn´t start

in

Washer Repair

. "

I don't have any info on the thermal switch but I would certainly be interested in your findings and photo's

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » motor doesn´t start

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I don't have any info on the thermal switch but I would certainly be interested in your findings and photo's would be great. I'm sure others like myself are always seeking to learn more through these forums so please keep us posted. I don't know why but this motor is readily available here in the U.S.

Eric

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-22-2013, 01:13 PM

awdtalon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by laverap View Post
Thanks Eric , I could see perfectly well the OL switch over the coil it´s tight strongly with a tiny rope all around the coil, as you -with very professional judgement- recomend, I can´t eliminate the OL switch and give it to the customer , it wouldn´t be safe , so , I´ll will take the other route , I will change the OL without dissasembling the motor (remember it is welded), it will be a difficult task -I suppose- but perhaps I have more persistance than skills and I will do it . Do you have any idea of the model number or any information about the OL (temperature) the voltaje is for 220 V. Do you think that it would it be interesting for the forum some photos of the procedure ? .

Best regards

Hugo

i will say this i ran into a problem with a washer they would do everything but motor would not turn. it was a 110v. the belt broke so i thought hey replace the belt all good. NOPE. when i was doing some research i seen a thing on another site saying about open and closing the door switch so many times. My model didnt look like the model that they was showing the test being done on but figued after all the testing i did what the heck. you unplug unit and open and close door switch so many times i think its 5 and volla motor started to work. i was ready to junk unit but the door switch fixed issue. Just thought i would throw that out there
Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 PM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

That reset procedure is for GE models with the motor/inverter. It resets the error codes and microprocessor on the inverter board. That does not apply to this model in question.

Eric
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.