Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
squaak  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 11:52:25 PM(UTC)
squaak

Groups: Registered

Hi, this is a stack unit, the washer operates fine with the temperature set on cold/cold or warm/cold, but does not work properly on the hot/cold selection. You can hear a humming sound, when it should be the water filling up. Nothing happens except for the humming noise like a electric motor is stalling. I should mention that I replaced the timer unit and the temp switch already (before I did that, only the cold/cold selection worked) Any thoughts? Thanks, Wayne
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:47:23 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like your not getting hot water. On the warm/cold setting, on wash fill, is the water warm or just cold? Could be a bad water valve, clogged screen or no hot water. Turn the wall valve off and unscrew the hot water hose from the valve. Check the screen inside the valve. Run the hot water hose directly into the tub to check that you have hot water. If you have hot water and the screen is clear, the valve is likely bad. Since you hear the solenoid humming, it getting power. You could check with a meter or just swap the connectors and select cold/cold to see if you get hot water. On the cold setting, only the cold valve is open, for warm, both are open, for hot, only the hot valve is open.

Eric
squaak  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:26:46 PM(UTC)
squaak

Groups: Registered

Hi Fairbank56,
Well I want to thank you for your answer which was spot on, the washer was not getting hot water, because some fool forgot to open the hot water faucet (that fool being me) Now my lame attempt for an excuse, I was moving the unit to do some work on the wall behind the stack, moved the stack back and would have sworn I turned on both supply lines....that's all I got for now.
Thanks again
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply