Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bsharrah  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2013 3:35:44 PM(UTC)
bsharrah

Groups: Registered

I have a 4 year old GE Profile Washer. During the cycle, once the timer gets down to around 15 minutes left on the cycle, it immediately jumps back to 26, essentially creating an endless rinse cycle. This model seems to have everything on a circuit board attached to the motor. I glanced at the trouble shooting guide and pretty much seems like any issues require replacing the motor. This was actually done once during the first year (different issue) and the part cost more than the washer was worth (glad it was under warranty at the time).
Any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You are right, there is a circuit board on the motor and it generates error codes by a blinking light.

Here is a link to a site that will explain the codes if you are generating them.

The first thing to do is to go through the resetting steps, sometimes that is all that is needed.

HydroWave GE Washer Repair Guide
jeb25  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 12, 2016 7:52:16 AM(UTC)
jeb25

I too have the same issue with same model. Resetting didn't work and blink on motor was normal. Tried replacing control board, but still not working. Was there a resolution to the initial post?
JSteven  
#4 Posted : Friday, October 28, 2016 3:35:29 PM(UTC)
JSteven

I have the same issue and no error codes either at the control panel or at the motor. Tried a new control board, no change. Would really appreciate a solution.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply