Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tomczyk08  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 4:31:27 PM(UTC)
tomczyk08

Groups: Registered

I have no idea really how old the washer is and am not sure on the model no. but that is the no. it said under the lid. I have a problem with the agitator on the washer it works but seems that the top part of the agitator is loose from the bottom. I mean that I have tightened the nut in it and it is still loose when working. so it does not agitate clothes well. If I push down on the top of it while it is running with a little pressure it works fine but let go and goes back to very slow movement and wont clean clothes like that. The bottom works fine of the agitator but the top part seems loose from it. what can I do to fix this since tightening it does not seem to work?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:48:01 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tomczyk08 Go to Quoted Post
I have no idea really how old the washer is and am not sure on the model no. but that is the no. it said under the lid. I have a problem with the agitator on the washer it works but seems that the top part of the agitator is loose from the bottom. I mean that I have tightened the nut in it and it is still loose when working. so it does not agitate clothes well. If I push down on the top of it while it is running with a little pressure it works fine but let go and goes back to very slow movement and wont clean clothes like that. The bottom works fine of the agitator but the top part seems loose from it. what can I do to fix this since tightening it does not seem to work?

Tomczyk, The model number you supplied is not correct. Based on your description, and the majority of Roper washers being a Whirlpool built product, you most likely need to remove the agitator bolt and lift the upper portion of the agitator out of the washer and check the "dogs" cams and shims for excess wear.
Part number: AP3138838
Part number: AP3138838

Of course you will need to get the proper model number off the production plate in order to purchase and install the correct part, but you'll have a place to start (the video, attached to the parts diagram will be pretty helpful.
Simon / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 8:52:37 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

It's hard to get you the correct part number without the model number, but I'll make an educated guess: you need to replace the agitator dogs

Part number: 387091
Part number: 387091

Use the video clip for the instructions.

Post the results.

Simon.
tomczyk08  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:10:17 PM(UTC)
tomczyk08

Thank you. I purchased the parts today. Thanks alot.
Simon / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:41:32 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

You are welcome.

Simon.
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2022 12:19:51 PM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Won't spin but drains!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply