Discuss

GE top load is not spin drying

in

Washer Repair

. "

Hello - This is for all the experts out there and for all who had the same issue and can

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » GE top load is not spin drying

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 06:56 AM

quasimodo928 is on a distinguished road
Default GE top load is not spin drying
Brand: GE   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hello - This is for all the experts out there and for all who had the same issue and can give me some advice,I appreciate any help that you can give me. Here's the issue.

My GE top load washer does not spin dry, it will wash the clothes and agitate without problem. I noticed that during the cycle there are two spin dry cycle, the first one is not working I can hear the mtor buzzing but it is not spinning, because of that it leaves the clothes so wet so the last spin dry is not working too. If I removed all the clothes from the tub, and turn the knob to the final spin dry, the tub will start spinning slowly and will turn fast, then I have to drop the clothes one by one to the tub while it is spinning (I removed the magnetic lid switch so I can operate it and drop the clothes when the top cover is open).

There are times though that it will not spin at all even when the tub is empty, in this scenario, I'll run a wash cycle with empty washer, then I am able to spin it again and drop the clothes one by one. I noticed that when the washer is running when empty clothes, all the spin cycles are running fine all the way to the final spin cycle. so I don't really know what's going on here, but the dry spin cycle always start up slow then it will turn fast to it's maximum speed. Please help guys, I'm thinking of buying a new washer but maybe this is something that I can fix easily before spending a lot of $$$ . Thanks!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

We need the full model number of your washer.

Eric
Old 02-16-2013, 12:39 PM

quasimodo928 is on a distinguished road

Hi fairbanks, sorry just got back from out of town assignment, the model nbr is wcsr20090g3ww, i noticed below the motor that it is spinning really slow duting spin dry, but the belt is not spinning.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

With the washer off, try rotating the motor pulley CW (viewed from below). You must keep this going with two hands to keep the brake released. It should turn (pulley, belt, large pulley, transmission, basket) fairly easy. If it is difficult, there may be clothing caught between the tubs, a problem with the transmission, or a bad tub bearing.

Eric
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.