Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
larry1059  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 4:36:38 PM(UTC)
larry1059

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool washer less than 10 years old. MY problem, the washer will fill to desired level, quits filling. Then nothing. No humming from the timer or the drive motor. Timer will not advance it just sits there. I checked all connections for tightness and corrosion. No leaks found. All appears to be good. Suggestions would be very much appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 5:27:36 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Probably a bad lid switch. Advance the timer to see if it will drain or spin. If nothing, it's most likely the lid switch. If it does drain/spin, the lid switch is ok and it's most likely the water level pressure switch. If it's the lid switch, you can bypass it temporarily til you get a new one. See this video, your switch type is the second one in the video.

Eric
larry1059  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 6:03:36 PM(UTC)
larry1059

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the additional input, I forgot to mention that advancing the timer does nothing. when I advance the timer the only activity I get is when I hit the points in the cycle that require water.( rinse cycles ).It will fill but wont drain. No aggitation, No spin, no humming, no nothing.
Thanks For your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply