Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kdiver58  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2013 10:51:31 AM(UTC)
kdiver58

Groups: Registered

I am the unfortunate owner of the worst POS washing machine ever.
Frigidaire front load ..
I will NEVER own one again. But until I can get my wife to dump this nightmare I
will try and fix it.

I am on my 3rd door switch and now have a new problem. Like before it will not go into high speed spin. I replaced the door switch and it still won't go into high speed , medium speed or low speed spin.

I sat and watched this piece of garbage and it pumps out all of the water . Switches direction CW then CCW over and over and over and over.

Until the pump starts making a horrible racket. The pump is draining all of the visible water from the tub ..
Any ideas .. is the pump running dry and that's the cause of the noise?
Is there some switch I'm missing ..? Thanks .. K
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jerry / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2013 11:18:46 AM(UTC)
mattt

Originally Posted by: kdiver58 Go to Quoted Post
I am the unfortunate owner of the worst POS washing machine ever.
Frigidaire front load ..
I will NEVER own one again. But until I can get my wife to dump this nightmare I
will try and fix it.

I am on my 3rd door switch and now have a new problem. Like before it will not go into high speed spin. I replaced the door switch and it still won't go into high speed , medium speed or low speed spin.

I sat and watched this piece of garbage and it pumps out all of the water . Switches direction CW then CCW over and over and over and over.

Until the pump starts making a horrible racket. The pump is draining all of the visible water from the tub ..
Any ideas .. is the pump running dry and that's the cause of the noise?
Is there some switch I'm missing ..? Thanks .. K

Hello Kdiver,
If the drain pump is making a horrible racket, it is going to either have debris in it or the impeller has separated from the drain pump motor shaft. Even when the pump runs out of water to pump, it should not make this sort of noise. As far as the unit not going into spin, these are notorious for the speed controllers failing. The speed controller is the motor control board.
Since the model number didn't pull up as listed you need to verify the model number off of the units' I.D. tag. This way you make sure that the parts you order will be compatible with the machine.
kdiver58  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 1:12:40 AM(UTC)
kdiver58

Sorry I took the model number off of the original receipt and it was mixed up

Model # LTF2140ES3

Serial # XC62206124

Purchased 08/2006
Jerry / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2013 4:15:55 AM(UTC)
mattt

Originally Posted by: kdiver58 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry I took the model number off of the original receipt and it was mixed up

Model # LTF2140ES3

Serial # XC62206124

Purchased 08/2006

Hello Kdiver,
You should first run the diagnostic test as laid out in the units' tech sheet. The diagnostic test is performed by using the Program Knob. To START THE TEST:
• On non-digital display models, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.
• On digital display models, turn the Program Knob to start position, Touch Up. (NOTE: If the model has a timer dial that can be rotated 360°, turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin).
• Press Pause Cancel to turn off LEDs.
• Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Pause Cancel buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then release buttons.
1. All the LEDs will sequentially light. Pressing a button below a light cluster will light all the LEDs in that cluster at one time to confirm functionality.
2. Turn the program knob (1) click clockwise from the start position. The hot water solenoid will activate and hot water should enter through the detergent compartment.
3. Turn the program knob (2) clicks from the start position. The bleach water solenoid will activate and cold water should enter through the bleach compartment.
4. Turn the program knob (3) clicks from the start position. The bleach and the wash water solenoids will activate and cold water should enter through the softener compartment.
5. Turn the program knob (4) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will activate.
6. Turn the program knob (5) clicks from the start position. The door lock solenoid will deactivate and the loading door can be opened.
7. Turn the program knob (6) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and tumble.
8. Turn the program knob (7) clicks from the start position. The washer will fill and spin (leakage test).
9. Turn the program knob (8) clicks from the start position. The drain pump and door lock solenoid will activate and the washer will operate in high spin. SAFETY WARNING: If power is removed during this test, the door can be opened. To prevent injury, DO NOT put your hands inside when the tub is rotating.
10. Turn the program knob (9) clicks from the start position. The control will signal the last error code.
Exiting Diagnostic Mode
There are two options for exiting the Diagnostic Test mode and returning the washer to normal operation:
a) Unplug the power cord, wait 5-8 seconds, then reconnect the power cord OR
b) Turn the program knob clockwise 2 or 3 clicks after the Start Position. Press Options and Pause Cancel buttons together for a few seconds until wash cycle LEDs appear.
If a situation arises where you cannot exit the Diagnostic mode as described above and the bank of 5 LED’s on the right end remain ON regardless of Program Knob position, a combination of pushed buttons may have caused the control to enter a special factory test mode. Disconnect power to reset the control to return washer to normal operation is this occurs.
To clear latest stored error code:
Place the control into Diagnostic test Mode.
• Turn the program knob clockwise 9 clicks from the Start Position. The control will signal the last error code.
• Press and hold the Options and Pause Cancel buttons for 3 seconds. The code will be cleared.
• Exit Diagnostic Mode to return the washer to normal operation .
Once you have completed the diagnostic test, the unit should display a code that can be deciphered by use of the fault code list on the same tech sheet. If you cannot find your tech sheet or would like some illustrated service literature on this model specifically, you can list an e-mail address and we can sent it to you since it cannot be listed in this format. I still believe the drain pump either has something in it or the impeller has separated from the drain pump motor shaft. Part number: AP4359998
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply