Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
enigma  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 11:47:33 AM(UTC)
enigma

Groups: Registered

Hope you can help with my issue. I have a approximately 10 year old GE top load washer Model# WCSR2080B4CC. The issue I have is that the washer will cycle through the casual setting and into whites repeatedly and will not stop. I have already replaced the water pressure tube and cleaned out any buildup from the housing on the tub. I checked the pump drainage inlet and outlet and did not find any blockage. I am pretty inexpierienced with a voltmeter but followed instruction from a repair video and checked both the timer and water pressure switch and both appear to be within range. The curious thing is several times based on other advice I have taken off the selctor knob pulled off the thin metal backingp late and then simply put back on. This has caused the washer to run normally and stop at the end of the cycle for two to three loads and then the problem resumes. I should add that if I run the washer on the super setting it has overflowed the last two times. On small or large there is no overflow. I did remove the pressure tubing while the water was running and blow air towards the pressue switch and the water shut off. I also ran the water and pulled the plug and the water shut off. Curious for any ideas. Thanks again.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 3:23:31 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like you need a pressure switch and timer.

Eric
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2013 6:46:58 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I read your post over on the AJ forum and the discussions about the pressure switch. The tech on the Justanswser forum was incorrect. If the pressure switch sticks in the full position, then the timer will continue going around but the washer will not fill, it will agitate dry, the pump will run at it's proper time and it will not spin. The fact that messing with the timer knob makes this problem go away temporarily, leads me to believe it's a timer issue but it may just be coincidence. You can order the switch and timer but I would just replace the switch first and see how it goes. If that fixes the problem for good, just return the timer. Since you've replaced the pressure hose and your sure the air dome on the side of the tub is fully cleaned out, a defective pressure switch is the likely cause of it overfilling on super level.

Eric
enigma  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2013 12:51:19 PM(UTC)
enigma

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
I read your post over on the AJ forum and the discussions about the pressure switch. The tech on the Justanswser forum was incorrect. If the pressure switch sticks in the full position, then the timer will continue going around but the washer will not fill, it will agitate dry, the pump will run at it's proper time and it will not spin. The fact that messing with the timer knob makes this problem go away temporarily, leads me to believe it's a timer issue but it may just be coincidence. You can order the switch and timer but I would just replace the switch first and see how it goes. If that fixes the problem for good, just return the timer. Since you've replaced the pressure hose and your sure the air dome on the side of the tub is fully cleaned out, a defective pressure switch is the likely cause of it overfilling on super level.

Eric

I replaced the switch and it seems to have solved the issue. Thanks for the help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply