Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ssergel03  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:27:24 PM(UTC)
ssergel03

Groups: Registered

Hey guy's I have a question,

My washer is not HE but the water level on the rinse cycle is very low, it does vary when you select a different load size so I believe it is working properly but this must be a watersaving feature. So I was looking at the wiring diagram to try and figure out how I could jump the rinse water level to be the same as the wash water level? But the diagram is not labeled to clearly so I was looking for some help on how to do this.

Thanks
Scott
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ssergel03  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:38:33 PM(UTC)
ssergel03

Well I just realised there are two water level switches the one not connected to the level selector switch I assume is for the rinse if I jumper that one to the one on the selector switch this should give me the same water level for both cycles right?
fairbank56  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2013 6:14:00 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
If you do that, your going to screw up the water temperature selection. The rinse cycle uses cold water only and you'll see that the rinse level pressure switch only operates the cold water valve. The wash level pressure switch powers the automatic temperature control. Also, if you jump them together the rinse level pressure switch is going to close first if you've selected other than low level and it's going to start agitating while still filling to the level you've selected for the wash cycle.

Your not the only one complaining about this, welcome to the world of new washers. It's only going to get worse. New energy standards including water use go into effect in 2015.

Eric
ssergel  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 8:46:04 AM(UTC)
ssergel

Ok thanks. what if I replace the rinse water level swicth with the same model as the wash level switch? then i would just have to select the water level on the second switch for the rinse cycle right?
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 10:11:54 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, I suppose you could do that. The switch comes as an assembly that includes both switches, hoses and tee connection.

Eric
ssergel  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 3:39:53 PM(UTC)
ssergel

O.k thanks Thats what I'll do.

Thanks for the help. Now my wife will get off my back.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply