Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sremmert  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 8:16:20 PM(UTC)
Sremmert

Groups: Registered

Ok... I replace the coupler two days ago, snapped the plastic. After I put everything back together, we washed about five loads and the washer smelt of burning rubber. Soon after there was a small leak. I took the shell back off and found the smell. The housing to the pump was melting. There appeared to be some dark plastic that was melting though. I took the pump off and found there was a good bit of lint type stuff in the back flow valve. Anyhow, I replaced the pump and ran three loads, small loads. There seems to be a return of the smell. Not strong and it is possible it is "left over" odor... Letting the washer rest now. My question is, what did I do wrong to cause the pump to turn into something from Alien melting like that...before I burn through another pump, I figured I would ask the experts!
Model number - LSN2000LW0
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.