Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Colimotl  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 4:58:36 PM(UTC)
Colimotl

Groups: Registered

GE HydroWave

Model: S3700G1WW

Purchase: May 1, 2008

Symptoms: Washer fills and drains, but will not agitate nor spin.

Tests made:
1. Checked for error codes. Green light blinks on one second, off one second continuously. I presume there is no error to be shown.
2. I did the reset by unplugging the unit for two minutes, then lifting and shutting the lid seven times within twelve seconds.
3. Checked lid switch for continuity. Switch is good.
4. Checked the shifter Coil for continuity. Resistance was around 91.2 ohms.
5. Checked the motor fuse on the harness. Because the green light blinks, I presume the fuse is good. Furthermore, after unplugging the washer I made a check by locating the neutral terminal on the power cord and disconnecting the farthest left (of four) plug on the motor. I then placed the one lead of my ohmmeter on the neutral terminal of the power cord and the other lead on the white/red wire of the motor plug. I got continuity

The washer has had very light use and otherwise is in mint condition.

Any thoughts on this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:06:31 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Need to rule out the timer by taking some voltage measurements at one of the motor/inverter connectors if you have a multimeter and experience using it.

Eric
Colimotl  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:10:43 AM(UTC)
Colimotl

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
Need to rule out the timer by taking some voltage measurements at one of the motor/inverter connectors if you have a multimeter and experience using it.

Eric

Eric,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I'll check out the timer as you suggested.

Daniel
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 6:45:02 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
The rightmost connector on the inverter board is the timer input. You need to check for 120vac (volts AC) on the pins of the circuit board. One lead of the meter should always be on the white/red wire of the leftmost connector. This is neutral. On that leftmost connector, you should have 120vac on the red/black wire and the orange wire (may be gray on some models). On the rightmost connector, white is slow speed, blue is fast speed, violet/white is agitate and red is spin. So for example, in high speed spin mode you should have 120vac on red and blue. If the voltage checks are good, the motor/inverter is bad. If your missing or the voltage is way low on the rightmost connector, either the timer is bad or there is a bad connection/wire somewhere between timer and inverter.

Eric
Colimotl  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 2:53:51 PM(UTC)
Colimotl

Eric,

Again, thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately the motor proved to be bad. Since this is the second motor to die on this unit, I'm cutting my losses and junking it.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply