Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EVERYBODYSAUTOSALES  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 2:22:29 PM(UTC)
EVERYBODYSAUTOSALES

Groups: Registered

My washer stopped spinning and aggitating. I run a car lot so I asked my mechanic if he could fix it and he said yes, next thing I know this thing was completly disassembled. He said that you need a Trans motor coupler , so I ordered one. When it came in he put it all back togeather and we ran it empty a few runs and it done fine. I took it home and put a load of clothes in it and when it went to spin mode it went crazy banging and walking. I called him and he said that he knows he put it back togeather right, but as we were talking he told me to look and he for got to drop these cotter like pins down that he said help to line things up and that was what was causeing the out of balance. So I droped them out and ran another load of clothes but half way through the wash cycle they stopped aggitating, I took back apart the easy way this time and the new coulper was broke, I need to know do I have another problem that broke it or do you think the cotter pins he left in and all the banging it did on the 1st load broke it. I thought it was fixed so I didn't catch it till the end of the last spin cycle. Thanks for any advice you may have for me.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 7:03:52 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Iv'e never heard of anybody putting the shipping pins back in when working on the washer. I suppose running it with the pins in place could have caused the coupler to break. Just make sure when installing the new coupler, to fully seat the two plastic halves onto the shafts of the motor and gearcase input shaft. You can use a socket placed over the shafts to tap them on all the way. If their not on all the way, there will be too much lateral pressure on them which can cause them to break again. Make sure the three suspension springs at the bottom of the tub are in place as well as the balance spring in the back and that the tub support and skate plate are correctly positioned.

Eric
EVERYBODYSAUTOSALES  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 3:42:33 PM(UTC)
EVERYBODYSAUTOSALES

Groups: Registered

1st I would like to thank you for reading and repling to my post. I think he put the shipping pins back in it to be sure the skid plate was positioned correctly but I am not for sure and I am not going to question him to much because that is really not what I pay him to do. So you think I should just put a new coupler on it and see what happens and that I do not have any thing else that is breaking it. All my springs are on and positioned correctly and it never made it to the spin cycle after I took the cotter pins out to know if it was going to go crazy again. I will have to wait for my new coupler to come in to find that out I guess. Again Thanks for your advice and if you think of anything else I should check while I am waiting on my new part to come in please let me know.
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 5:42:48 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

You are welcome.

Please, post three results.

Simon.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply