Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mandy K  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:35:58 PM(UTC)
Mandy K

Groups: Registered

Struggling single mother here (very capable of DIY though) and I need HELP! I really don't know if I can afford to have someone come look at this. My problem is my Maytag MTW5770TQ0 washer fills with water, but does not go into a cycle. The timer will not advance at all, just stays there. I tried different wash cycles, spin, rinse and nothing seems to work. I can move up to a higher water level and it fills but that’s it. There is NO noise like humming or buzzing that others may have, just Silence. I just have sitting water in the washer. I replaced the water level switch a couple of days ago because it wasn't reading the level of water correctly (not filling enough water, but still ran through all cycles). After that, everything was running ok until yesterday.

I've done some research and I suspect either the timer or the new water level switch might be bad. I also read it might be the power cord itself. How would I test the Power Cord if I could?? Can I check with my multimeter? I've plugged different things in to socket and they seem to be working. I checked the lid switch for continuity (white and grey wire leads when lid closed Correct?) and it seemed to be ok. I then tried bypasing the lid switch according to this video: Lid switch bypassing Whirlpool washer - YouTube
I attached a pic of what I did. Does this look right?

I tested the timer (purple wire contact on water level switch and black wire from body plug) and it was reading infinity. I also did the live voltage test and it was reading 0v. I dont think that's right, but I'm not sure. I used this video as a reference: Timer push pull switch Whirlpool washer - YouTube

I’m just not sure if I'm doing things right or not. I will try to put the old water level switch back on to see if it will go through the cycles. NEED HELP guys!! Thanks!
Mandy K attached the following image(s):
20130115_132542.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.