Discuss

Washer wont spin, but agitates?

in

Washer Repair

. "

Hi! I have a Kenmore 80 series washer and it recently stopped spinning and agitating and I found out it

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Washer wont spin, but agitates?

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 06:06 PM

Chaase is on a distinguished road
Default Washer wont spin, but agitates?
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi! I have a Kenmore 80 series washer and it recently stopped spinning and agitating and I found out it was the coupler. So I changed that and it start to work again, normally. After a week or two it stopped spinning during spin cycle, but it still agitates. I did some research and tests and this is what I came up with over the past two days:

- The coupler is fine
- The pump isn't clogged. It spins fine and drains fine.
- The lid switch works perfectly
- While the agitator is spinning, I can stop it by holding it with my hand from making a rotation forward or backwards. I couldn't do that before
- I can spin the tub with my hands with about 5-10lbs of resistance.
- The clutch under the tub doesn't spin during spin cycle.
- When I change speed settings(medium to low or to high) for the agitator, the speed doesn't change.

From doing searching I think that it could possibly be the Gearcase/Transmission, the Tub Hub, or the Belt, if it has one and that is as much as I know.

Please help me figure this problem out. Its pretty annoying not having a working washer :/

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.