Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mdivo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 6, 2013 7:06:46 PM(UTC)
Mdivo

Groups: Registered

Over the past week I have had numerous issues with the washer.After replacing the drive coupler,the clutch and finally the transmission the problem was fixed . It was making a grinding noise during the spin cycle and you could see the transmission shaft pause and release every time it made a revolution. Well we have washed approximately 10 loads since then and now the machine starts to get a burning smell and then stops just before the rinse cycle . It happened about a week before I made the repairs mentioned above and now after. The only things that haven't been replaced are the motor,capacitor,timer and the switch . My question is where to start? I know the lid swithch has been temperamental because my wife had to extend the lid latch a bit long to engage the switch and every now and then we have to push on the lid to get it going again but could a shorted switch cause the motor to over heat?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.