Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mikem1169  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 7:38:17 PM(UTC)
mikem1169

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore washer that I have to replace the timer on. The wife broke the plastic clip that holds the knob on. I must be completly stupid here. I can not figure out how to get the top panel off to get to the timer. Can someone please send me in the right direction?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

prodas  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:09:41 PM(UTC)
prodas

Originally Posted by: mikem1169 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore washer that I have to replace the timer on. The wife broke the plastic clip that holds the knob on. I must be completly stupid here. I can not figure out how to get the top panel off to get to the timer. Can someone please send me in the right direction?

I saw my repair man use a screwdriver to prey off the top part where the knobs are..in other words, left up the top section from the main body...it will snap off and you'll need to snap it back on when done...i'm actually in the same boat as you and need to do it myself... The repair man says it looks like a timing issue and it cost $59.00 for the timer.
mikem1169  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:40:03 PM(UTC)
mikem1169

There's two small screws on the back that need to come off first. Then like you said the front just pops up. I tried this once but was afraid I was going to break it if there was a hidden screw somewhere. It popped right up with a little force.
prodas  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2009 8:47:42 AM(UTC)
prodas

Originally Posted by: mikem1169 Go to Quoted Post
There's two small screws on the back that need to come off first. Then like you said the front just pops up. I tried this once but was afraid I was going to break it if there was a hidden screw somewhere. It popped right up with a little force.

Mike,

What kind of issues where you having before you fixed it? My son was playing with the control knobs as the machine was working. My friend said he smelled something short out. The machine loads up the water but it won't wash... it will rinse if I set it to rinse but that's about it.

The repair guy THINKS its the timer. I'm afraid to buy a timer that will run me $60 plus shipping to find out that its not the problem but the motor.

I can buy a used good machine on craigs for about $150...so I'm in a dilema since I may not be able to return the part once opened.

-Paul
sidfink43  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 2, 2009 9:58:56 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It is not intuitively obvious how to do this on your model.

The top console is attached to the top of the washer by clips. Insert a thin putty knife under the console near the edges and the clips will release. You may have to feel around a little bit to find them.

The console will now flip up and your can work on your timer problem.

Good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply