Discuss

power surge wounds washing machine

in

Washer Repair

. "

Machine is about a year and a half old, bought in July of 2011. Seemed to work fairly well, the

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » power surge wounds washing machine

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 AM

histylerider is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Machine is about a year and a half old, bought in July of 2011. Seemed to work fairly well, the wifey wasn't happy with it's self filling option, felt it gave too little water for a load, but,,,,,,,,Cleaned em okay, with us always using extra rinse.
I'd have been glad to have kept the 19 year old previous machine, but I ain't the one who gits ta chooz!!
I have my son in a 93 Dodge Spirit that runs terrific and only has 33,800 ACTUAL miles on it, and I'm in a 90 Dodge Ram Maxivan with only 135,000 on it. So you can see I don't have a problem with keeping older model equipment in use, eh?

Guess I'm ordering the motor, and hoping not to have to also end up ordering the panel. Thanx again, and I'll be sure to post results.

I'll also make a note of sharing this forum with a couple of buddies of mine who try to do some of their own work, it's worth the effort and time spent, I think!!!

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 01-09-2013, 07:51 AM
Expert
APP Volunteer

fairbank56 has a spectacular aura about

You should have kept that old machine. Thanks to the government energy and water saving mandates, we are going to have to revert to this method of washing our clothes

Let us know how it works out.

Eric
Old 01-10-2013, 05:25 AM

LMAO!! I still have one of those old washboards, it was my great-grandma's!
I'll keep you updated.
Old 01-30-2013, 05:26 AM

Sorry for the delay, been a busy few weeks! Anyway, here's the scoop, short version. Sent for the motor, as suggested here, by process of elimination, thanks to the advice given here. Ordered it Thursday, it GOT HERE FRIDAY!!!!!!Unfreakingbelievable!!!
Put it in Saturday, took me less than an hour, and ran loads thru the machine same day, life is GOOD again!!!
Once I had the motor out, I took off the metal cover over top of the motor, and you can see the scorching under it, just above the 5 pin connector. Clearly it blew out when the surge hit the house, and obviously the household circuit breakers were not enough to protect it.
Guess now I see why they sell whole house GFCI units, huh?

Anyway, major thanks and kudos to you guys, fairbanks56, sidfink and ryder for all your help, and to the folks who lead and participate in this forum.
And thanks to Appliance Parts Pro for both having this site and offering such good service and sales policies! I'm yet another who benefits from your existence.
I WILL be sharing this place with friends!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:38 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Well great, glad you got it going and we appreciate you sharing the experience with us and the others who read this Forum.

Good luck in the future