Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Abe460  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 4:58:39 PM(UTC)
Abe460

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I'm sorry I could not find the model number for my Fridgidaire Gallery top
load washer. I found the tag, but it is faded to the only thing showing is the
UL listed symbol. I have the "Matching" drier and its model number is
GLER341AS2.

The washer goes through all the process until it should start draining water.
After aggitation the machine does nothing else. At that point the knob sounds like the normal low grinding as if a timer is working, but then it just clicks and stops. The knob doesn't go any farther.

I thought, through reading these forums, it could be the switch. I started
the washer aggitating and it stops when the lid is opened starts when it is closed. The lid lock never engages either. My thoughts would lead me to the controler which I'm sure is not cheap. However neither is a new machine so I'm here where the experts are.

Thank you for your time.
Abel
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 1, 2013 5:32:20 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I think you need to change out the lid lock assembly, but you will need to know the model number to get the right part.
Abe460  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:06:20 PM(UTC)
Abe460

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I think you need to change out the lid lock assembly, but you will need to know the model number to get the right part.

Thank you for your answer and your time.

Just out of curiosity is there any other place the model number might be? I did remove the back of the controls, but no model number. If not can I remove the lock assembly and bring it to a parts warehouse to see if they can match it.

Also, (sorry, full of dumb questions) I would assume there would be a resistor in the assembly to supervise the latch if the control stops for it not being latched? If so is there a standard resistance or is it model specific?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 4:51:05 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

The model number should be on the back on inside when you lift the lid. If this is a basic Frigidaire top loader then you should be able to remove the lid lock assembly and take it to the parts store for them to match up. the lid lock assembly is pretty common on Frigidaire top loader.

I don't know of any resistor or any other electrical control other than the timer which controls the operation of the lid lock.
Abe460  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 2, 2013 7:05:54 PM(UTC)
Abe460

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
The model number should be on the back on inside when you lift the lid. If this is a basic Frigidaire top loader then you should be able to remove the lid lock assembly and take it to the parts store for them to match up. the lid lock assembly is pretty common on Frigidaire top loader.

I don't know of any resistor or any other electrical control other than the timer which controls the operation of the lid lock.

Sorry if I'm not looking in the right place or didn't describe it right in my first post...on the inside of the lid is a sticker/tag (upper right corner) that should have the model number, but it is blank white exept for a corner portion of the UL listed emblem.

If the timer controls the lid lock and the lid lock fails, would the timer know that the lid lock failed and stop function based on the lid lock not engaging?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 8:30:18 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Yes, if the lid lock does not engage the timer knows this and will not allow the machine to operate. This is a safety feature to prevent you from opening the lid and stick your arm in there while the machine is spinning. If you were to do that a broken arm is the typical result.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply