Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dradspin  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2009 5:49:17 PM(UTC)
dradspin

Groups: Registered

My washer has developed to be a very loud monster from the quite mouse it used to be. Mostly notice the loudness during the spin cycle and it is really loud using Max Extract. I suspect a bearing gone bad but have no parts manual but only my own mechanical experience with bad bearings on other mechanical devices throughout my life. Any light you can shed on this problem I do appreciate it.

I spoke with one of your parts techs and he told me to jump on this forum to find out what parts I may need to correct this problem.

Thanks Much.

:confused:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:20:49 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: dradspin Go to Quoted Post
My washer has developed to be a very loud monster from the quite mouse it used to be. Mostly notice the loudness during the spin cycle and it is really loud using Max Extract. I suspect a bearing gone bad but have no parts manual but only my own mechanical experience with bad bearings on other mechanical devices throughout my life. Any light you can shed on this problem I do appreciate it.

I spoke with one of your parts techs and he told me to jump on this forum to find out what parts I may need to correct this problem.

Thanks Much.

:confused:

There's a couple of different routes you can take. One is the complete outer tub assembly. Or the other is too replace just the bearings and seal. Below are the parts listed.

Part number: 22002934
dradspin  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2009 7:06:33 PM(UTC)
dradspin

I dropped the ball on getting this washer fixed and now it is only get worse. I wanted to validate these parts you pointed me to becuase when I looked up the bearings on your web site and they do not corelate to my Maytag MAH5500BWW. Kind of figured you and your team had some inside understanding to the use of these parts over and above what the web site shows but wanted to make sure of that.

Could you please validate that the bearings are the correct part numbers? Don't think I want to replace the whole tub just for the bearings. And I saw that the Lip seal kit matched up with this machine on your site. Thanks Much.
Dale :confused:
contractorkev  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2009 12:13:57 PM(UTC)
contractorkev

I have same model, just finished bearing replacement. Took about 3 hours, pretty involved. Might want to replace the spinner support (part# 22003925) cost $100, but comes with lip gasket which is $40 itself. New support has revised seal design to (supposedly) eliminate this problem in future. We'll see.

I have a pdf repair manual, tech bulletin (spinner support), photos, and repair process. Was given to me, will pass it on no charge. If interested message me at contractorkev44@yahoo.com
iamonmyhonor  
#5 Posted : Friday, July 2, 2010 10:03:42 AM(UTC)
iamonmyhonor

Originally Posted by: dradspin Go to Quoted Post
I dropped the ball on getting this washer fixed and now it is only get worse. I wanted to validate these parts you pointed me to becuase when I looked up the bearings on your web site and they do not corelate to my Maytag MAH5500BWW. Kind of figured you and your team had some inside understanding to the use of these parts over and above what the web site shows but wanted to make sure of that.

Could you please validate that the bearings are the correct part numbers? Don't think I want to replace the whole tub just for the bearings. And I saw that the Lip seal kit matched up with this machine on your site. Thanks Much.
Dale :confused:

I was just curious if you ended up switching the bearings, and if those part numbers were correct for your model of washer. Thanks!
Sailandfly  
#6 Posted : Friday, August 15, 2014 6:34:54 AM(UTC)
Sailandfly

Same situation...would love to know if those parts that did not match up with model fixed the noisy bearing spin cycle issue?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply