Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Beachside  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:14:36 PM(UTC)
Beachside

Groups: Registered

Hi, I have an overload problem with a 3 year old Whirlpool model wtw6300ww0.
The console display shows OL but the machine has only 6 items and they are evenly distributed. The problem was intermittent and has now become too common. I checked the parts diagrams but don't see an overload sensor so I have no idea where to check and what to check. Any ideas would be welcome, thank you, ken
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Simon / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:49:44 PM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

Hi.

Check if the basket is floating freely. If it does - then most likely it's a main control board. Before replacing it check all the connector plugs Part number: W10253696
Beachside  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:15:10 AM(UTC)
Beachside

Originally Posted by: Simon / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

Check if the basket is floating freely. If it does - then most likely it's a main control board. Before replacing it check all the connector plugs Part number: W10253696

Hi Simon, thank you for the help. I checked and the the basket floats freely. I ran a full wash cycle with just a cleaner tablet and it ran the entire cycle with no "OL" display. I'll pull the console apart and check the electrical connectors, that idea sounds good since the problem is intermittent. I will also check this site for a service manual. Again, thank you. Ken
Simon / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:46:11 AM(UTC)
Simon / APP Team

Groups: APP Team

You are welcome.

Simon.
Beachside  
#5 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:45:38 PM(UTC)
Beachside

Hi Simon, the problem went away and has now returned. The washer runs the entire wash cycle and just as it shuts off I get a beeping sound and the overload error display, the clothes are very wet. I ran a cycle with no clothes, same problem. I ran the manual tests and all systems seem to work except the lid lock which the service manual says may or may not illuminate console lights. Also the rotor position sensor display indications do not illuminate as I turn the basket by hand. I do get all 3 spin speeds in test mode. When I checked the rotor position sensor it shows an open circuit instead of a resistance from pins 1 to 7 on the console harness. I removed the motor rotor and checked the harness, it shows continuity on all wires. Service manual says replace the RPS. Installed a new rotor position sensor, same problem. Re-ran the manual tests, now it shows a problem with the lid lock, checked the harness resistance tests and one circuit shows a problem, replaced the switch and harness, same problem. Fortunately I can put it into manual test and spin the clothes. The next step is to remove the motor control board and check for cracks on the printed circuit board unless you have an idea. Your help will be appreciated.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply