Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nmtzjr  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 6:46:55 PM(UTC)
nmtzjr

Groups: Registered

Hi,

New to this forum and hopefully someone can help me out and get my washer running again. I have a GE Adora Mod#:WHDRE526E1WW top load washer. I've gone into the service mode on the washer since it wasn't agitating. I've performed all test in the service manual and my washer only spins but won't agitate at all. I can only hear the motor making a noise but not moving when on agitate mode, I've tried to help it turn by hand but its really hard. It does move when it goes into spin mode but that's it. I want to see if anyone here can guide me in the right direction on how to narrow my problem. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:23:07 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Remove front panel by inserting putty knife into top groove in line with lid opening on each side to release the clips. Tilt panel outward and lift from the cabinet. Does the motor pulley and transmission pulley rotate in agitate mode?

Eric
nmtzjr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:02:14 AM(UTC)
nmtzjr

Hi,

Yesterday I went into service mode on this washer and tried all the tests. When set on agitate either Low or High setting the motor just makes a humming noise and doesnt move at all even if I try to help it turn by hand. When I tested the spin cycle it did work but thats the only time the motor spins. What other thing can I check? Thanks for the reply.

Nick
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:29:40 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Rotate the motor pulley CCW (looking from below) by hand while someone else observes the agitator. Does the large pulley rotate while you do this? Does the agitator rock back and forth? If the large pulley rotates but the agitator does not, remove the agitator by placing a strap underneath it and pull forcefully straight up, watch out, don't hit yourself in the face. Any clothing jammed under there? Remove the bolt on the agitator coupler and remove the coupler. Does the splined agitator shaft rock back and forth while you rotate the motor pulley?

Eric
nmtzjr  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 6:20:41 PM(UTC)
nmtzjr

Thanks Eric,

Ill try your instructions when I get some time off on Thursday. I did try rotating the belt by hand yesterday and the agitator and tub did move but only by hand. Also when on the service mode it did try to agitate on the low setting but it barely moved then stopped and the motor kept making the humming noise.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply