Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gringoytico  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:22:24 AM(UTC)
gringoytico

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore Elite Three-speed automatic washer (M/N: 11022932101) that has an agitator issue. The bottom disc agitator works properly but the center pole agitator does not rotate properly. The washer does spin at the appropriate times and water levels are not an issue. What do I need to do to repair the center agitator? Parts and instructions would be appreciated. Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

platypus52  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:35:53 AM(UTC)
platypus52

Originally Posted by: gringoytico Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore Elite Three-speed automatic washer (M/N: 11022932101) that has an agitator issue. The bottom disc agitator works properly but the center pole agitator does not rotate properly. The washer does spin at the appropriate times and water levels are not an issue. What do I need to do to repair the center agitator? Parts and instructions would be appreciated. Thank you!

it sounds like the agitator dogs are worn out. p/n# 80040
there is a bolt under the cap at top of agitator 7/16ths i believe. you will need take the bolt out and lift up the top section of the agitator. turn it upside down and the agitator dog housing should fall out. there is a plastic keeper that holds them in place, simply slide it up and replace them. make sure you place them in the right way.
gringoytico  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:48:56 AM(UTC)
gringoytico

Thank you for the quick reply. It looks like the agitator dogs are not that expensive, which is great. However, since I am going to take apart the agitator is there any other parts I should replace (seals, caps, etc) just so everything fits and works properly when I put it back together? I ask because sometimes when I change something in my plumbing is easier to put new gaskets so that it seals correctly.

Cheers!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply