Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wbailey20  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 9:10:17 AM(UTC)
wbailey20

Groups: Registered

This is the repair that goes in circles. I tried 2 new main control boards and neither of them worked. Frutrated this morning I put the old original control board back in and all of a sudden it started working. About 2-3 mins into the cycle though, the door lock light turned off and all stopped. In the beginning I bought a new door lock kit. I tried the diagnostic test and all worked. I reset it and it still does the same. Has anyone been through this before? Is this maye an alignment issue with the dloor lock or vibration? Help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 8, 2012 6:08:59 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

This does seem like a door lock wiring issue. See if you can check the wiring for continuity and check, clean and re-seat all of the connections.
wbailey20  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 9, 2012 5:43:22 AM(UTC)
wbailey20

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
This does seem like a door lock wiring issue. See if you can check the wiring for continuity and check, clean and re-seat all of the connections.

wbailey20 - Thanks for the reply, I removed the lock and contiuity was good. When I place it back in; when I start the cycle the door lock and wash lights light and after a few seconds the rinse and final spin lights come on and nothing happens? Total difference from yesterday the the cycle would start then drop out?

Update: Now I keep getting the error code E6E which isn't in the listing of the manual; it has 5E5 which is a comm issue? and it won't let me run through the diagnostis like before because of the error code. Sure seems like a loose something but I've tugged and metered all the wiring.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 4:26:34 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well now it sounds like a main control unit, but you have tried that before.

I would try replacing both the main control unit and the speed control board. If you buy from this site you can return the parts if they do not fix the problem.

What you are experiencing is the weakness of this model, and it is very hard to diagnose and fix. Mostly we just replace parts until we find a combination that works.
wbailey20  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 3:27:54 PM(UTC)
wbailey20

I pulled the lock switch out and reinstalled it. Last night I couldn't get it to start. I unplugged the washer and left it uplugged until tonight. I plugged back in and hit start, it ran all the way through the wash cycle 30+ mins to beginning of the spin cycle and then quit. think maybe this is the motor control?
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 4:08:56 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

With these models nothing is certain, but that does sound like a motor control board issue. About the only way to tell is to replace it and see what happens.

That's the world of electronic controls. unfortunately.
wbailey20  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:41:37 PM(UTC)
wbailey20

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
With these models nothing is certain, but that does sound like a motor control board issue. About the only way to tell is to replace it and see what happens.

That's the world of electronic controls. unfortunately.

I ordered the motor control from you all. Installed it tonight. It did pretty much the same thing. I tried the normal cycle and it started okay with a 48 min timer, but when it got to 36 min the lock light went out and the timer reset to 48? I still get the E6E error code? I set the cycle to spin ony and pulled up on the door and held it, and it went through the entire cycle. When it got to 2 min it went way longer and the 1 min seemed to last forever. It didnt shut off it self I had to cancel. I'm out of boards to chane I think?
sidfink43  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:23:49 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Yes you are out of boards to change. The only thing I can think of is an intermittent wiring problem, or some issue still with the door lock assembly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply