Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kenneth7379  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:24:03 PM(UTC)
kenneth7379

Groups: Registered

Some time ago, I began to have issues with small loads of laundry becoming unbalanced in the spin cycle. Most often, I would simply redistribute the clothing and that solved the problem. Occasionally if that didn't solve it, I'd add an additional item such as a bath towel and that solved it.

More recently. I've become aware that the case of the washer is extremely loose.....There's about 2" of space between the side walls and the casing, and the case will flex enough to touch either wall. I've been temporarily using bath towels stuffed between the casing and the walls which doesn't totally solve it, but vastly improves it.

The crux of the problem is that I'm a renter and don't own the machines. The landlord who is mechanically inclined and might know what to do is embroiled in a domestic dispute and is prohibited from coming to inspect or repair the problem. I'd be willing to give it a shot if I knew what to do, but I haven't the faintest idea where to start.

I've been looking online, and I see mentions of removing the front panel, and I assume that's a good place to start. Is it possible to do that without pulling the machine out? That would be very difficult, and I'd probably need to rent an air sled to do it, as there are hardwood floors and I'm concerned about damaging them if I pull the washer out of it's alcove.

I've been unable to provide a model number for the machine because of the difficulty in moving it, but on the off-chance that it'll help to know more about it, I'm enclosing a link to a picture in my Photobucket account.

http://i396.photobucket....0and%20Ends/IMGP8793.jpg

Can you offer any suggestions? Thank you. Ken
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 4:43:46 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Ken

Sorry to get back to you so late. My best advice is to leave this machine alone. It is not your machine and if you attempt to repair it you run the risk of being blamed for the problems, even though you are not responsible.

I think you should use the laundromat, and when your lease is up look for a new place to live.

Good luck.
kenneth7379  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 7, 2012 6:46:11 PM(UTC)
kenneth7379

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Ken

Sorry to get back to you so late. My best advice is to leave this machine alone. It is not your machine and if you attempt to repair it you run the risk of being blamed for the problems, even though you are not responsible.

I think you should use the laundromat, and when your lease is up look for a new place to live.

Good luck.

Well, not what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate the reply.

I'm kinda stuck here, because I'm an auto detailer by trade, and every second day I have to launder a load of microfiber towels or work becomes a problem.

I found the info online that describes using two 1" wide putty knives and inserting them into the crack between the top and front panel and pushing in the release springs. Some sources say one inch in from the sides...some say four or five inches. Mine seem to be about 1" - 1.5" in from the sides, and I can feel them give when I push on them, but the top still won't release and hinge up. I was hoping there might be some additional information that would explain why.

I'd really like to solve this without it costing the landlord money to send an appliance technician. I've lived here almost ten years and paying the same rent (a bargain) as the day I moved in. I might even pay for a tech myself if I can't solve it.

The whole case is so wobbly that I'm expecting the 5/16" bolts that supposedly hold the sides on are loose, or maybe the nuts have fallen right off. I'm pretty sure removing that front panel's the key.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply