Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mark_hess6  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 4:58:25 PM(UTC)
mark_hess6

Groups: Registered

Our Frigidaire was purchased in 2000. For the past six months during the spin cycle, the sound gets unbearably loud. I feel it may be the bearings going out. If I spin the cylinder without clothes by hand, it sounds like it is grinding. Is this a fix that is worth the effort and cost?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 6:22:16 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sounds like the rear bearing gone bad.

The bearing is not available separately and it comes as a part of the rear outer tub assembly.

It is a pretty serious job and your decision should be based on your experience and condition of the washer.

- The part number for the rear outer tub assembly is AP2578105

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire washer Model FWTR647GHS0

Gene.
mark_hess6  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 7:23:31 PM(UTC)
mark_hess6

Thanks for the information...and getting back with me so soon. I thought the bearings were a problem, but was wishing differently. I saw the cost of the part and the layout... we'll see if I attempt to repair it myself.
bbohemian  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:27:04 PM(UTC)
bbohemian

Hello, I have been having the same problem. Could you please provide a feedback on how difficult the replacement of the rear shell bearing was (that is if you replaced it yourself)? Thanks!
mark_hess6  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2008 7:56:51 PM(UTC)
mark_hess6

To be honest, after getting the reply from Gene and finding the part numbers... etc., I decided to call a local Frigidaire repairman. He suggested with the age of my washer and specifically what was wrong, that I would be way better off just buying a new one. I feel I'm fairly handy in tinkering with things but decided that it was beyond my abilities... and I decided to stick with his advice and buy a new washer.
Mark
bbohemian  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:18:59 AM(UTC)
bbohemian

Thanks for leting me know Mark. I was actually able to talk Frigidaire into sending me the part free of charge so I would rather try to tacle the job before I decide to buy a new fridge and spend almost 1k. My wasther is 8 years old but looks like new and never had a problem with it till now. Thanks again for your response!
Frank
bbohemian  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:25:29 AM(UTC)
bbohemian

Gene.

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
....The part number for the rear outer tub assembly is AP2578105

Here are the break down diagrams for the Frigidaire washer Model FWTR647GHS0
Gene.

Hi Gene, would there be something more specific on this type of repair - step by step instructions or at least a general clues etc.? Thanks for any help you can provide. Frank
blockhead8205  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 14, 2008 8:28:48 PM(UTC)
blockhead8205

bbohemian, I have the same washing machine, and the rear bearing went bad. The machine is in parts at this moment, and I can see the problem. How did you talk Frigidaire into sending parts for free??? Also, I did not understand your comments about your problems with the rear shaft, can you elaborate? Thanks!!
bbohemian  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:42:43 AM(UTC)
bbohemian

The rear shaft spider arms were broken. Btw, this was mentioned in a different post so you may have wanted to respond there... Anyway, the spider arms of the the shaft are attached to the steel inner drum (the inside tub that your laundry would generally go to be washed). When I took the washer apart I could see it clear. The steel inside tub has 25 year warranty on parts so they send it to me free of charge. They did give me some run around but send it. You just have to keep talking to them (and you have to be the original buyer and have the receipts from the washer). With the rear bearing, I just got lucky - they send me one as a one time customer satisfaction thing. I don't think there was anything wrong with the bearing though since I got the part, I replaced it just to be safe.
smilen dave  
#10 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 4:32:38 AM(UTC)
smilen dave

Some front loaders have a 25 year warrenty on the inner drum. just call the number inside the door.bearings are available through a local supplier. Got mine from Motion Industries in Defiance Ohio.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply