Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Robert918  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 8:20:43 AM(UTC)
Robert918

Groups: Registered

My LG washer is completely dead, the fuse was blown but after I reset it the washer wouldn't power on. From reading previous posts I think I know what to do (replace the mainboard AP4440233/6871ER1023R), but I want to get confirmation.

The "electrical noise reducer" doesn't look like other pictures I found, but I can see a coil inside wrapped in copper so I assume that's it. It's putting out 120V on the BR or BL wire (can't tell which due to all the tape) to the mainboard.

I removed all the other plugs that lead off the board (but not the ones that lead to the LCD display) and confirmed those sockets are all 0 V on every pin.

It looks like there's an LED on the board, it's dark.

The exploded diagrams are so grainy I can't tell much, but they make it look like the "mainboard" is really two pieces, the board and the LCD display/buttons. I'm ordering the right piece right, just the board and not the LCD?

I know you can't diagnose/guess over the Internet, but do you have any feelings that after I replace this part I'll just expose some other dead part? My wife is all about buying a new washer instead and the cost of just this board would go a long way towards that. I'm concerned because several weeks ago I found water in the tray under the washer. I suspect someone overloaded/unbalanced the washer and kept resetting it (which is how I overflowed it last year and discovered the old tray was cracked) but no one will fess up. Or it's not that at all. There was nothing in the trap, and it didn't leak any of the times I used it before it died.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.