Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jessedavis82  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 11:33:26 PM(UTC)
jessedavis82

Groups: Registered

The washer spins sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. Also, a few times the clothes were soapy and soaking wet as if it didn't even rinse them. I've watched a whole cycle go through and it did everything it was suppose to do on "large" load, right after that I washed a load on "small" and it didn't spin, then I tried to put it on spin manually in several different modes(while still on "small" setting), i.e. whites, dark colors, regular, and it did not spin. I turned the selector to "large" and manually put it on spin and the motor engaged and started to spin. Also, a couple times the selector was on "small" and tried to start a load and it wouldn't even fill up with water. When the motor engages for spin cycle it does make a loud noise, but after that it seems fine.

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 5:20:11 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Sounds like a problem with the water level switch. Remove the front panel by inserting a putty knife in the top groove in line with the lid opening on each side to release the clips. Lean the top of the panel out a little and then lift off the washer. On the lower left side of the tub there is an air dome with attached hose. Remove the hose and inspect for clogging. Use a small wire to put into the hose bib (be careful, easy to break the bib) on the air dome to make sure it's clear. Re-attach hose and open the control panel and remove the same hose from the water level switch. Put some water into the hose and blow into the hose to force the water through the air dome. We are trying to make sure the hose and air dome are clear of gunk. If none of this works, then I would replace the water level switch.

Eric
jessedavis82  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 9:22:11 AM(UTC)
jessedavis82

i did notice that hose had black gunk in it, i will give you a status update shortly. thank you so much for your help
jessedavis82  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:09:15 AM(UTC)
jessedavis82

The hose was clogged at the bottom and I cut that part off and reconnected it. I ran the washer through a "small" load cycle and it seemed to work fine. Although, it did spin after agitation and before the "rinse/spin" cycle, but it filled up again for the rinse cycle drained and the spin cycle started. Is this normal?

thank you
fairbank56  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 2:10:57 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
After first agitation, it should drain, then spin, then fill again for the rinse cycle. That is normal.

Eric
jessedavis82  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 3, 2012 9:25:04 PM(UTC)
jessedavis82

thanks for all your help Eric, washer works like a charm now
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply