Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
barberd  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:53:31 AM(UTC)
barberd

Groups: Registered

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Washer filled and agitated, and then didn't drain or spin. The control knob continued through the cycle to the OFF position so I ended up with a washer full of dirty water. I tested the lid switch for an audible click, and also jumped the plug and that didn't seem to make a difference. I pulled the timer out, removed the plug and inspected all of it. Everything appears to be ok.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]When I rotate the Control Knob to mid-cycle and pull it out, I hear a light hum,and an overhead light on the same electrical circuit dims slightly. Almost seems like the motor was bound up, but the motor is less than a year old. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]I unhooked the motor from the transmission, leaving the wire harness plugged in, jumped the lid switch and tested the motor. At first, all it did was hum and heat up,but i tried it again, and it started spinning. Put the motor and pump back onto test the unit, and it just hummed again. So, with the motor and pump all assembled and installed, I tapped the motor lightly with a hammer, and it started right away,and then completed the wash/rinse cycle. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Ran another load to test it, and it stopped in the middle of the wash cycle again. I reset the timer and found the motor humming again. Lightly tapped the motor with the hammer, and it started working. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]The motor is only a few months old, is it possible that the motor is going bad? Or, is there something else that may not be feeding enough current to the motor and thereby allowing it to stick? [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana","sans-serif]Sorry to be long-winded, but wanted to provide as much detail as possible. Any help is appreciated.[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.