Discuss

Admiral Washer Spin Cycle problem

in

Washer Repair

. "

Greetings, I have an Admiral Designer Series washer that is somewhere between 5 and 10 years old (donated by a

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Admiral Washer Spin Cycle problem

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 09:15 AM

nckomorowski is on a distinguished road
Default Admiral Washer Spin Cycle problem
Brand: Admiral   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Greetings,

I have an Admiral Designer Series washer that is somewhere between 5 and 10 years old (donated by a friend). For the past month it has had a problem with the spin cycle. The washer will fill and agitate just fine, but it will not spin except after the extra rinse of the regular/permanent press cycle. This means that when I do a wash, I wait for the fill and agitate to finish and then I turn the knob to the spin after the extra rinse. After that completes I have to move it back to the rinse cycle and again to the spin afterwards.

When using the spin, I have to pull the knob out and hold it for a few seconds to make sure it continues spinning and on occasion I have to rotate the knob a click or two in order for the spin to work.

This issue is quite frustrating as I have to babysit the laundry. Any help would be appreciated.

Nick

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 10-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

sidfink43 has a spectacular aura about

Since it will work mechanically this suggests a problem with the timer. Use your model number to order a timer, and if you order from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it.

I think it is highly likely that a new timer will do the job.