Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim Dere  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 9:35:46 PM(UTC)
Jim Dere

Groups: Registered

my washer washes with out any unexpected noises however as it agitates the tub turns about 25% and then back about 2 inches and then turns another 25% rotation causing the water to spin to the right and not agitate. the agitator it's self seems to wprk properly but the tub turns constantly. what's happening Jim:)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 21, 2012 5:50:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I assume that the machine will spin okay.

For this model the motor turns clockwise to agitate, counterclockwise to spin. This drives the transmission to either agitate or spin. It sound like the problem you have is with the transmission, and given the cost of a repair you should consider replacing it with a basic top load washer.
Jim Dere  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 9:16:20 AM(UTC)
Jim Dere

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
I assume that the machine will spin okay.

For this model the motor turns clockwise to agitate, counterclockwise to spin. This drives the transmission to either agitate or spin. It sound like the problem you have is with the transmission, and given the cost of a repair you should consider replacing it with a basic top load washer.

I would like to make a more complete description of the problem. , the mach. spins ok and wash seems to be ok except that in the wash cycle the inner drumb spins to the rifgt, not in an uninterupted spin , as the agitator nturns clock wise the tub moves with the agitator and when the agitator goes counter clockwise the tub starts ccw for about 2" and stops and then cw with the agitator. you are the expert and I would ask you to reavaluate to prob. if it is the trans, can the trans be fixed? Thanks again Jim
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 5:27:59 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Gosh I really don't have any more to add to what I said earlier. The transmission in washers usually have to be replaced as a unit.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply