Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Doug77  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 10:15:51 AM(UTC)
Doug77

Groups: Registered

I have a 7 year old top load washer. It works great except about 90% of the time after the machine fills with water it doesn't start it's first agitate cycle. It just sits there with a full load of clothes and water. But it always starts if i lift then lid then reclose it(with some force). I don't recall how I found this solution. Probably just by looking in it when the problem first happened and then closing the lid. Very rarely when closing the lid doesn't start it I hit the reset button on a plug on the wall in the laundry room where the washer is. This is not the plug the washer is plugged into. I have no real electrical or appliance knowledge so that might actually do nothing and just be coincidence that the machine runs after I hit the reset and then close the lid. My guess is that the problem is related to some type of switch. I can hear clicking when the machine is done filling with water and should start agitating but it doesn't start agitating(again about 10% of the time it does). After I close the lid then the machine works fine though multiple fill/agitate/spin cycles on it's own. Could it just be something related to sensing when the lid is closed or is it a different electrical problem? Thank you for any advice.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.