Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rog47  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:31:45 PM(UTC)
Rog47

Groups: Registered

Washer has loud recurrent noise while both agitating and spinning. There also was oil found on the floor. The gearcase has been disassembled and the input shaft seal replaced and the motor coupler has also been replaced. The original problems of loud recurrent noise and clockwise agitator rotation remain. According to another thread, this is due to bad agitator gear. The gearcase has not yet been reopened because the washer cleans clothes and is marginally functional. The clothes spin dry as well. It just is very noisy and I expect that the part is getting more damaged with each use.

That other thread is
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/76082-agitator-ratchets-moves-counterclokwise-direction-only-new-post.html

The description of the gear problem matches mine except that the agitator rotates clockwise, not counterclockwise. sidfink43 suggested that I start a new thread and so I am doing that here.

My initial thread is http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/washer-repair/495496-agitate-noise-clothes-wrap-around-agitator-new-post.html
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.