Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
luta46  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2012 5:50:27 PM(UTC)
luta46

Groups: Registered

I have a GE profile washer thats about four years old....was working fine until it starting working out of whack....not agitating on the cotton cycles but draining and spinning, filling and agitating in delicates but not draining or spinning, and similar discordances in the other cycles. Believing it was a issue with the "computer" or the control board (part#wh12x10405) of the washer i bought it and replaced it but the washer continued to have the same issues as before. I then thought it might have been an motor issue but I ruled it out since the led light located in the inverter/motor was flashing at the correct rate of .5 and 1 sec per min....so what else could it be??:confused: ...i then checked to see if the coupler in the agitator was stripped, but after pulling it out there was no issue and it was not stripped....So im left with a disfunctional washer that seems to have a mind of its own....Can anyone help me with any other suggestions as to what might be wrong with this washer..I would greatly appreciated it!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:20:00 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luta46 Go to Quoted Post
...the inverter/motor was flashing at the correct rate of .5 and 1 sec per min...

1 sec on and 1 sec off is normal for the washer in standby mode while .5 sec on and .5 sec off is normal while the washer motor was running. How did you check it?

Gene.
luta46  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:33:15 PM(UTC)
luta46

Hey gene you are right with the times it's supposed to flash I checked the led light during the regular wash cycle(.5 sec on .5 sec off) and also when the washer was not washing (1 sec on 1 sec off)and the times were correct....therefore it must be another issue. Any other suggestions as to what might be wrong?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:45:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

I'm assuming you did check the status LED while the washer was acting up too.

Did the motor run when the washer did not do what it was suppose to?

Gene.
luta46  
#5 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:28:50 AM(UTC)
luta46

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
I'm assuming you did check the status LED while the washer was acting up too.

Did the motor run when the washer did not do what it was suppose to?

Gene.

THANKS ,no ,the motor did not run whe it was suppose to start agitating
Gene  
#6 Posted : Sunday, September 30, 2012 7:41:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

You have to check the LED at that time if you did not do it yet.

Gene.
luta46  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 4, 2012 4:49:06 PM(UTC)
luta46

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
You have to check the LED at that time if you did not do it yet.

Gene.

Sorry i did not get back to you, i was out of town. I did check the LED light while the washer was acting up, while washing, but the motor LED light still read a normal status of .5 sec on and .5 sec off....Which makes no sense if the washer is not working properly unless it is some other issue...I did notice something about the agitation issue...like i stated before it only agitated while on delicates cycle...and on no other cycle...but once the washer is agitating on delicates, i am able to quickly turn the knob to any other cycle whether it be cotton or any other and it will continue to agitate on that cycle even though when started specifically on those cycles other than delicates it will not agitate on its on....but once again the washer fails once done agitating and doesn not drain or spin on its own without setting it to do it manually. I am not sure if this helps you with decifering what else could be wrong besides the motor or control "computer" board....I'd entertain any other ideas you may have....thanks!!
Gene  
#8 Posted : Friday, October 5, 2012 4:18:42 PM(UTC)
Gene

Very strange situation. At this point I don't see anything else but the control board what could cause it. You may want to ask the company where you bought it from for the part warranty exchange.

Gene.
luta46  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 9:59:23 AM(UTC)
luta46

Hey gene I took your advice and went ahead and returned the control board I had purchased And bought a new one from another company. Unfortunately when I plugged in the new control board the same exact issue arose. Nothing changed for the better. I still don't know what it could be if not the control board at this point. Do you think it could be a break somewhere in one of the wire bundles??? its not the fuse because the motor has power...Anyone have any other suggestions??
Gene  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 2:31:18 PM(UTC)
Gene

At this point I'm stumped. I'm afraid you have to call a GE authorized service.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply