Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
E.J.W.  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2009 4:04:51 AM(UTC)
E.J.W.

Groups: Registered

Our Kenmore Elite washer started tripping the breaker when reaching the rinse/spin cycle.:(
I ran it through a couple different cycles with no clothes in the tub and it works fine. Once I load it with clothes and re-run it, then it trips the breaker as described. The first time this happened I did smell an electrical hot/burn smell. I took the "dash" apart and found no burnt smell around the timer/function switch. Given the fact it will perform all functions within a cycle while empty I don't think the timer is the problem.
With it functioning fine without a load of clothes and then tripping the breaker when it is loaded with clothes, am I on the right track thinking the main motor is going bad and can't handle the stress of the load?
Thanks for any & all replies.
E.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.