Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dlh2nd  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:10:48 PM(UTC)
dlh2nd

Groups: Registered

This is a tricky one. Sometimes my washer doesn't fully engage into the spin cycles and spins slowly. When that happens it leaks out the bottom. If your paying attention and lift the lid and close it back, it will go into the rapid spin and you can avoid the leak. If your not paying attention and it completes the spin cycle in the "slow mode", you'll have a pretty good puddle. Sometimes it goes through the cycles correctly with no incident...sometimes not. Is it a lid switch problem causing it not to go into the spin correctly at times? And if so, why the heck does it leak? It doesn't leak if it cycles correctly.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dlh2nd  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 5:29:33 AM(UTC)
dlh2nd

Anybody have a clue on this issue?
dlh2nd  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:28:17 AM(UTC)
dlh2nd

I took the front off and just watched. The leak isn't the problem, just the result. When the machine doesn't engage properly into the spin cycle, the agitator spins slowly causing a "wave" to begin in the tub. The wave then get large enough to spill over the side. By spinning slowly it doesn't drain faster enough causing the "wave". As soon as you lift the kid and put it back down the machine engaging into the correct spin mode and it drain properly with no leak. I really feel the problem is the lid switch, but I'd really like an expert to second my assumption.
dlh2nd  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 6:52:18 PM(UTC)
dlh2nd

So now I've replaced the lid switch with a brand new OEM switch and it still does exactly the same thing. I'm still hoping somebody out there can help me troubleshoot this before I spend anymore money or decide to buy another washer when this One could have been repaired cheap. Surely there is a repair man out there with some idea????
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply