Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
toddmc665  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 9:00:57 PM(UTC)
toddmc665

Groups: Registered

Frequently after a load of clothes are washed (seems like it's always the hand wash clothes), we discover the clothes with brown dirt particles on the clothes. There's nothing from the clothes that would be causing this. Sometimes we notice a slime around the top rim of the washer and wipe it down, but sometimes the clothes are washed another time and it repeats. What's causing this? Today we found a large piece of this brown "crud" and it looks like a shaving of chocolate. This is bizarre. Please advise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:40:16 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hard to say but the first thing you want to check is the discharge. Run the machine and slowly lift out the hose from the drain pipe when it is draining and see if the water is rushing out.

If not something may be clogged in the line or in the pump, or the pump may not be working right.
hessmess  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:26:54 AM(UTC)
hessmess

Originally Posted by: toddmc665 Go to Quoted Post
Frequently after a load of clothes are washed (seems like it's always the hand wash clothes), we discover the clothes with brown dirt particles on the clothes. There's nothing from the clothes that would be causing this. Sometimes we notice a slime around the top rim of the washer and wipe it down, but sometimes the clothes are washed another time and it repeats. What's causing this? Today we found a large piece of this brown "crud" and it looks like a shaving of chocolate. This is bizarre. Please advise.

I was surprised there was only one answer and no response, has anyone else care to chime in with an opinion? I have the same problem on a Whirlpool washer and thought it may of come from a bad seal or something like that. I have not noticed any water leakage, in fact this 10 year old machine looks new.
Jlbarcla  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 30, 2014 5:34:32 PM(UTC)
Jlbarcla

A little late on the response and not sure if you have continued deal with the problem and keep the washer.... I have found the same issue with my whirlpool washer. Mine is a top load with the fabric softener on the left hand side and the bleach behind it... We been dealing with this issue for a year and tried many different rinses... And yesterday I noticed that I could lift the cover off the fabric softener dispenser and found a massive amount of gunk that looks identical to what we see on our clothes.. It was bad, so I cleaned it and rinsed it many many times using a q-tip to get under it better... But caution you then need to run rinse cycles multiple times and then do your first wash cycle with dark clothes as the problem increases... Before it gets better.. Good luck..
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply