Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhutch  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 26, 2012 5:15:23 PM(UTC)
dhutch

Groups: Registered

This washer worked fine for almost 2 years. Now it will not finish a cycle. It hangs on the spin cycle. Sometimes it says cycle complete, but the clothes are still soggy wet. Occasionally, it works correctly. I have disassembled and checked for for stray clothes, etc. The only thing that seemed wrong was it was hard to get the inner basket out, the hub was corroded. I cleaned that and reassembled. I also unplugged and reseated all connectors.

The error codes are: OVER SUDS CONDITION DETECTED, OFF BALANCE LOAD DETECTED, & BASKET SPEED SENSOR FAULT.

Occassionally, it seems confused and begins blinking the lid lock light and then will not unlock until the machine is unplugged and power on again. I tested the lid lock assembly, and it appears to work fine.

It does not shake when it spins, it seems smooth. There are no excessive suds in the machine. I use Sears HE detergent and have since the machine was new. I never use softener in the wash.

It will run through the automatic test mode fine. I am at a loss. I cannot find the service manual, although I have one for the Whirlpool Cabrio, which is similar, but this machine has a belt drive and the Cabrio in the manual is direct drive.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.