Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
klarson1132  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 21, 2009 12:36:44 PM(UTC)
klarson1132

Groups: Registered

Hi.
I've got a Whirlpool top loading washing machine that won't stop filling with water. I checked the Water Level Control; when I put a drinking straw around it & blow, it clicks & the water stops filling. However when I reattach the pressure hose, it doesn't stop filling. I verified that the pressure hose is attached properly (I even snipped the ends off to ensure a snug fit). I also blew into the hose & confirmed that there were no obstructions.

I would love any help/advice on what the most likley problem might be. Is it that the Water Level control is not working properly? ie although it works fine when I blow into it, it is not sensitive enough to react to the pressure from the water filling up? As an aside, I took the machine apart because one of the suspension springs had broken & I had to reanchor it at a different place since the original hole had been torn open. Is it possible that this might affect the water level control (the water was filling fine before I opened the machine up).

Thanks in advance.
[EMAIL="finecarguy@yahoo.com"][/EMAIL]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.