Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kwmartin24  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2012 9:09:41 AM(UTC)
kwmartin24

Groups: Registered

My front load washer would was clothes just fine but would not go into the high speed final spin. The tub would just rotate a few times in each direction and then finish the cycle.

I researched this problem on line and came across www.AppliancePartsPros.com. This is great, they have diagrams and everything. Very easy to see what the part is and how big it is. I read other peoples post about similar problems and the majority of them fixed it with replacing the door lock Assembly Part #AP4455026. Again I chose this to start with because a majority of people solved it this way and it was the cheaper start.

My next problem was I had no idea how to get to the part to change it out. I found www.************************.com and went to their video library. They show how to do some of the replacement of parts. I liked it becasue it showed me how to at least get to the guts of the machine.

Got the part today and about 2 minutes later I have a fully functioning washer and a happy wife.:D

Thank you to Aplliance Parts Pros and Repair ************ and to all those who have shared there experices!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

MoFoAl  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:46:13 PM(UTC)
MoFoAl

I would love to have you help me... the same exact problem is happening to me... but how did you know that the piece you changed what the problem.

I need help.
Mine does exactly the same...
help me!:(
kwmartin24  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:05:42 AM(UTC)
kwmartin24

Originally Posted by: MoFoAl Go to Quoted Post
I would love to have you help me... the same exact problem is happening to me... but how did you know that the piece you changed what the problem.

I need help.
Mine does exactly the same...
help me!:(

Hello MoFoAL,

Honestly I chose the least expencive part to try first. I am a High Speed Automation mechanic and this was just a gut instinct. I have a feeling that the little module on the bottom of the locking mechanism went out. The new one I recived had a different type on it. Sorry i don't have any concrete reason on why I did what I did. Hope this helps.
MoFoAl  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:29:22 AM(UTC)
MoFoAl

So thank you for writing me back.
I guess that would be cheaper than the control board but I don't really know if I can adventure changing it!
HAAAA wish I could be sure...
Well thank you again...
Where do you live?
Did you find the part in your area or online?
did it fix the problem?
thankx
Monic
kwmartin24  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 17, 2012 11:15:34 AM(UTC)
kwmartin24

Yeah,i thought about the control board to. I read the previous post and found that the majority of the problems were fixed by the lock mechanism. This is how I came to start there. You can search for instructional videos on how to change out these parts. The lock mechanism is easy. Took me 5 minutes. Good luck.
MoFoAl  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:50:55 PM(UTC)
MoFoAl

So proud of myself thankx to you... i did it alone... yeah yeah... can't believe it!
it's a big deal for me as a girl to do all this by myself.
thankx again I changed the part lock door assembly and my washer works like a new
yEAH!
thankx
Monicxxxxx
kwmartin24  
#7 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 8:57:25 PM(UTC)
kwmartin24

Congratulations, it's a good feeling. I was excited also. Keep this website handy for future problems. Always belive in your self. Glad I could help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply